Thursday, September 9, 2010

I Can't Hear You

Handspun sorted by color - Sept 2010
Yesterday, we had torrential downpours of rain. I was determined to go to my regular spinning group, so I braved the elements and loaded up my wheel and spinning basket and set off. I did not get very far though, because the roads going north to the highway I needed all seemed to be closed.

I decided to comfort myself by getting out the three full tubs of my handspun yarn to see if I could put together something to weave a shawl with - since my loom is standing empty for the moment.

I spread out the contents of the tubs, and separated everything by color in the middle of the living room floor. I thought if I got it all out, maybe some of it would speak to me and tell me what it wants to be.

Well, it is still there. I must be deaf.


Twisted in Texas said...

Good Lord!!

MaryB said...

Dear Liz (who is showing us yet another example of her overachieverness, this is all absolutely gorgeous.

How about putting on a black warp and using all the shades of a particular color for weft in some graduated way?

Or again using a black warp, combining different colors with the same depth a value for a Noro-style shawl?

Whatever you do with this yarn, it will be gorgeous!

Joanne said...

That is one huge pile!! Love it.